Wisdom teeth are third set of molars that people generally get in their late teens or early twenties. Many doctors have conflicting views regarding when to get your tooth pulled and when to not.
Not everyone has to have these teeth pulled out. So one must consult professional dentist to ensure better health of their teeth.
Unlike dental surgeries where people have to experience severe pain, extracting wisdom teeth don’t led to severe pain especially when done by any professional dentist.
Before proceeding further let’s have a look at some reasons to why wisdom teeth removal is necessary.
Teeth Don’t Fit in Your Mouth:
People generally have enough room for 28 teeth i.e. number of teeth a person have before wisdom teeth emerges. But after getting wisdom teeth (28+4=32), in that case if you don’t have enough space in your jaws to hold 32 teeth
So these 4 extra teeth can create problem. Therefore it becomes necessary to remove these teeth.
Chronic Pain in The Gums Near Wisdom Teeth: Due to infection caused by these extra teeth you may have pain in your gums.
While eating food, these bacteria gets trapped in such areas leading to serious infection referred to as pericoronitis. So doctors recommend removing the teeth to get rid of infection.
The Teeth Don’t Emerge Straight:
In some cases when wisdom teeth erupt fully but come out sideways, they could cause other teeth to shift over time. Also misaligned teeth can damage your nearby teeth.
Cyst Develops Around Your Wisdom Tooth: It might be possible that the sac near your tooth is filled with fluid.
In that case, it could ruin the surrounding structures like tooth roots or bone. In rare situations, a cyst that’s not treated could result in the development of a tumor which will require a more intense surgical procedure.
These are some cases of wisdom teeth extraction which calls for serious consideration of your professional orthodontist.
Some of the Procedures Expected From Expert:
* Converse with your dental specialist or oral specialist to ensure that you comprehend the system and the consideration proposals after the surgery. Be that as it may, before the strategy, get some information about the accompanying.
* The number of teeth to be extracted: Some dental specialists will separate every one of the four, or a couple at once.
* The kind of anesthesia to be given: Normally, you’ll experience either broad or nearby anesthesia. In the event that your dental specialist will utilize general anesthesia, you’ll need somebody to accompany you on the grounds that you’ll get to be drowsy.
* The length of the procedure: This relies on upon the quantity of teeth to be extracted and in addition your teeth’s condition however could run from one hour to a few hours.
* Pre-surgery instructions: You may be encouraged to stay away from specific medicines like headache medicine or blood thinners before the surgery.
In Conclusion: Wisdom tooth extraction is mandatory and one must consult professional dentist before get them pulled. Many times wisdom tooth extraction becomes important when teeth don’t fit in your mouth. Contact Dr. Safarian for wisdom tooth extraction in San Diego.