We know that everyone would love to have a healthy white smile, but life gets in the way and that’s when you need restorative dentistry. You’re not going to remember to brush and floss twice every single day. Some days you’ll forget to brush and floss at all.
It’s true: even the most health-conscious among us are guilty of occasionally neglecting proper oral health practices, or we’ll sometimes consume foods that aren’t at all good for our teeth. Maybe you just can’t help indulging in some sweet, enamel-wrecking soda to go along with your lunch. Maybe you find yourself at a rowdy celebration guzzling down red wine without worrying about the tooth-staining consequences. It’s going to happen.
Restorative Dentistry Procedures
We offer a full range of non-surgical restorative dental services that will keep your teeth healthy and white and fix any other problems you might be having with the appearance or function of your teeth/gums/jaw:
- Composite Tooth Fillings: the most common dental restoration procedure is getting cavities filled, and for good reason. Left unfilled, a cavity will eventually develop into an infected nerve that requires a root canal.
- Teeth Whitening: another common restoration procedure is teeth whitening. In just one visit we’ll scrape away plaque and tartar and blast away the yellow to make your teeth pearly white once more.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers cover up ugly blemishes by attaching a thin layer of tooth-colored material to the front of the offending tooth.
- Crowns: sometimes veneers aren’t enough to cover up the extent of the damage. A crown, which is a tooth-shaped cap that fits over the tooth, offers more coverage.
- Bridges: a bridge is a lifelike prosthetic tooth that’s suspended between two crowns. This is your most cost-effect option if you’re looking to hide a missing tooth as well as cover up damaged teeth neighboring the missing tooth.
- Dental Implants: dental implants are screw-like titanium posts that are driven through the gums and into the jawbone. They’ll support a crown above the surface to cover up the missing tooth, and they also replace the missing root so that the jawbone underneath doesn’t crumble away.
- Gum Lift: Your smile depends on a balance between the teeth and gums. Some people have gums that are overgrown, which can make your teeth look small. An imbalanced gum line can also make straight teeth look crooked. Gum recontouring lets us restore the appearance of properly balanced gums.
- Periodontal treatment: Gum disease is a chronic infection that puts your body in a constant state of poor health. We can treat this infection to protect your teeth–and your health.
- TMJ Splint Therapy: dysfunction in the temporomandibular joint (TMJ), which is where the jawbone hinges to the upper skull, can be very painfu. Our splint therapy treatment relieves the pain by allowing you to relax your facial muscles and stop grinding your teeth.
If you’re interested in more information, or if you’d like to book an appointment, contact us at (619) 656-6785 for our Chula Vista office.