Miracle Babies Donate test
To celebrate our 10 Year Anniversary at Irresistible Smiles I would like to tell you my story for a great cause. My wife Brook and I are Mason’s happy parents who is 15 months old now and we are expecting our 2nd child in December 2016. Mason was born 3 and a half weeks early and lost 10% of his birth weight in the first week. Being first time parents we quickly became exposed to the risk of having Mason in NICU and even after birth the risk was still there. We were fortunate that he didn’t need to go to NICU but many parents are not as fortunate. During Brook’s pregnancy she was cared for by a group of passionate and dedicated doctors and Dr. Sean Daneshmand from Miracle Babies was one of those doctors. He is the founder of Miracle Babies and we are very excited to help support this charity.
Meet Mason, he is an amazing little guy and we feel very blessed to have him in our life.
Miracle Babies has a mission to provide support and financial assistance to families with critically-ill newborns in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; and to enhance the well-being of women, children and their families through education
Miracle Babies’ overarching goals are to:
- Improve the health of all children, especially the vulnerable;
- Reduce the number of babies in the NICU;
- Drive families and communities to become healthier;
- Reduce childhood obesity and adult-onset chronic diseases; and
- Reduce the cost of healthcare.
We accomplish these goals by focusing on critical life stage windows where effective and targeted interventions can directly improve children’s and mothers’ long-term health: during pregnancy and the newborn period. Research clearly links the health of a mother to the future health of her baby, and a NICU baby’s access to breast milk and kangaroo care to improved health. By providing key resources to those who need them most—underserved pregnant mothers facing substantial barriers to health and babies in the NICU fighting for their lives—our organization plays a key role in improving children’s and community health.
Healthy Women Healthy Children
Our Healthy Women Healthy Children program enables disadvantaged women—facing emotional, financial and physical barriers—to make meaningful lifestyle changes during pregnancy through education, support and access to key resources. Improved pregnancy health drives healthy fetal development, giving the next generation of children the opportunity for long-term health.
Healthy Women Healthy Children program activities include:
- Educating participants about nutrition, physical activity and gestational weight gain recommendations;
- Equipping participants with the necessary tools to apply these recommendations to their day-to-day activities and gain the right amount of weight during pregnancy;
- Leading prenatal exercise classes weekly so that women have ample opportunities to meet exercise recommendations;
- Providing fresh produce to all participants weekly so that women meet the recommended daily amounts of fruits and vegetables;
- Teaching behavior change strategies that enable participants to initiate and maintain lifestyle changes and overcome personal barriers; and
- Fostering a network of peer-to-peer support.
Program outcomes include:
- Increased knowledge of nutrition, physical activity and pregnancy weight gain recommendations;
- Healthier behaviors such as improved nutrition and increased physical activity; and
- Better health outcomes including improved rates of appropriate gestational weight gain among participants and fewer of their babies born large for gestational age.
Family Assistance Program
Our Family Assistance Program provides vital financial, emotional and material support to struggling families in the NICU, enabling them to provide the nutrient-rich breast milk and loving embrace that their critically-ill babies need most to thrive and to experience improved emotional health and family bonding that are essential for family health.
To support the Non Profit Foundation Miracle Babies and to celebrate our 10 Year Anniversary at Irresistible Smiles I would like to help with the start of our donation campaign in which everybody wins. We will be giving $100 of free dental services for a minimum donation of $10 to Miracle Babies. The free dental services can only be used for future dental services and not for a current balance, it is not transferable and this campaign is good until the end of 2016. This campaign is available to the first 300 donations.
The Paypal donation can be done via the donation button or this link, to donate with a credit card please use the second donate button or this link. By supporting the campaign we accomplish the goals by focusing on critical life stage windows where effective and targeted interventions can directly improve children’s and mothers’ long-term health.
Credit card donation
Shahin Safarian, DMD MBA